Thursday, September 16, 2010

Gun Registry: Toronto's Fault

Maybe he said this, maybe he didn't. Federal Conservative minister John Baird is quoted as blaming Toronto elites for keeping the long-barrel gun registry. The story is here. Hmmm ... Baird is a real partisan. That is not bad. All parties have them and there is a reason why people are partisan so let's not blame him for that. What is interesting is that somehow one gets to be a member of the elite for supporting a policy that is popular with the police and that the government's own internal studies say is efficient and effective. Ah ... whatever happened to law and order. I guess I'm a member of the elite to for being in efficiency and effectiveness in public policy.

No comments:

Blue Jay Way II: A Real Gamble

I don't want to be mistaken for an old baseball fuddy-duddy. Last year I complained about analytics, but I did so as a fellow traveler. ...