Sunday, December 11, 2011

A requiem for European Union in need of intervention - The Globe and Mail

See, I was right! OK, that is not quite modest is it. But, for those of you who still might think that isolation is inherently a bad thing ... the Euro Zone is on its 15th crisis summit in the last two years, at least according to this Globe story:

A requiem for European Union in need of intervention - The Globe and Mail

To be clear, I am not arguing that one should always avoid integration. I'm arguing that integration (or, regional trading and currency blocs) are not inherently, in and of themselves, good things. To me, perpetual crisis is not a positive.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Blue Jay Way II: A Real Gamble

I don't want to be mistaken for an old baseball fuddy-duddy. Last year I complained about analytics, but I did so as a fellow traveler. ...